This is the page dedicated to the 1st Floor of the Victorian building.
Quick Wednesday night project update: Looks like Lou (the plumber) stopped by on Tuesday and dropped off some materials to work on the sewer. Of course, without telling me. Only way I know he was here is the alarm system records. Æsa did another coat of polyurethane on the living room and dining room floors, as […]
Sunday Project Update: Today was a sick day for me. I really do get disoriented by the time change, and with not getting home until 2 am which was 1 am after a long day working in Liberty, I just couldn’t. Plus the added benefit of hitting my toe wrong just made facing the day […]
Saturday Project Update: Today was a day filled with a mix of emotions. The guy we have installing the furnace won’t run the propane pipes needed in the house, and the propane company said they couldn’t run the pipes in the house for a few weeks, we called a third company to come in an […]
Wednesday Night Project Update: I did not make it to the Liberty house, but Æsa did. She gave out candy to around two dozen children, without decorating the house. Next year we’ll do the holiday right. She also did the first of many polyurethane coatings on the floors. She’s doing amazing work on this part […]
Tuesday Night Project Update: The stain used on the floor was a two step system, so Æsa and I went over to the house after work tonight to wipe up the excess stain before she could clear coat it with the polyurethane sealant. Honestly, she had most of it wiped off by the time I got there. […]
Sunday Project Update: Æsa went to the Liberty house today and rocked the casbah with the staining of the floors. I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. She also checked the attic and didn’t see any fresh leaks, so maybe the foam sealing did the trick!
Friday Project Post: For our date day, Æsa and I were gifted with some materials to help with building the Liberty house, some pieces of furniture, and we were able to help clean up a garage where all those items were stored. Then we went to Liberty to finish up the paper flooring. We closed the pocket […]
Tuesday Update: New Furnace has been successfully delivered. Only the exhaust vent was dented in the process. It now waits patiently to be installed. Plumbing may also get done in the next week. Propane is being scheduled as soon as possible, but that may take a few weeks. Electrical is still in the works, they […]
Quick update: We’re still working on the floors in the living room and the dining room. We were able to finish the edging around both tonight. Added a picture of what the floor will look like when dry, prior to the staining. More to come. Now, sleep.
Saturday Project Update: Æsa Sturludottir continues to linseed oil the joists. She discovered the sump pump hose out of the sewer drain again, and caught the water filling up the basement. We added a few more bungee cords to hold it in place. The dehumidifier was giving a P6 error and not running, so the humidity […]